If winter mud and grime have got you down, try these techniques to get your equine pal clean in cold weather.
Do mud and manure stains drive you crazy in the winter when it is too cold to bathe your horse? Try a few of these techniques to “spot” clean your horse:
- Purchase a commercial dry shampoo. Spray on, according to directions, and rub with a clean towel. For the best results, rub against the grain of the hair.
- Apply white vinegar with a clean towel and rub the stain out. This works great on yellow stains in manes and tails!
- Steam clean. Heat up some water and apply a steaming towel to the stain. Rub and re-apply until the stain is gone. For best results, remove as much of the dirt as you can with a good curry first.
Kentucky Performance Products January Contest Announcement
Enter a picture of your ugly barn coat to win your choice of KPP supplement and a bucket of KPP goodies. Up to three winners will be chosen. #kppuglybarncoatcontest
3 Ways to Enter:
- Starting January 1, 2021, go to KPP’s Facebook page. Add your photo to the pinned post at the top of the page and then share the post to your own page with the hashtag #kppuglybarncoatcontest. Don’t forget to make your post public so that we can see you shared!
- Starting January 1, 2021, upload an image on your Instagram and use our hashtag #kppuglybarncoatcontest. Don’t forget to make your post public!
- If you do not have a social media account and would still like to enter, CLICK HERE and you can enter online.
Contest ends January 31, 2021.