Be sure to use caution when riding in freezing temperatures.
When the temperatures drop below freezing, opt out of strenuous work and choose other activities for your four-legged partner.
Research showed horses that galloped in temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit presented with lung inflammation. Horses exposed to the same temperatures and not exercised presented with no evidence of inflammation. Horses suffering from heaves are at greater risk of lung inflammation in cold weather.
About Kentucky Performance Products, LLC:
Need to support strong, sound bones in layups or young horses?
Ask your vet about BoneWiseTM.
- Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are confined to their stalls.
- Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals necessary for optimal bone development.
- Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage.
- Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility.
- Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development.
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.