Are you an East Coaster facing a weekend stuck inside? Here are a few activities we recommend to combat your cabin fever.
Winter Storm Jonas is busily dumping ice and snow all over the East Coast from the southern states all the way up through the mid-Atlantic. If you are one of the millions of people in the path of this storm, facing a weekend full of unplowed roads and nasty conditions that will prevent you from getting to the barn to snuggle your equine bestie, we have a few ideas that might make the time go a little faster.
1) Perfect your SmartPak wish list. I mean, sure, the wish list is intended to be for stuff you might need to get someday, but Sunday is close enough. Go ahead. Your horse deserves it.
2) Make a Breyer model horse movie that will make the Academy weep real tears of emotion. Don’t lie to us: we know you still have some Breyers sitting around.
3) Watch whatever is on demand at USEF Network. Looks like you can catch West Coast FEI show jumping live today and tomorrow, and on-demand the George Morris Training Sessions, the Rolex Grand Prix at Geneva and the Dressage Festival of Champions. You’re welcome, 3 AM version of you who is still going to be watching USEF Network.
4) Do you have a house pet? You now have an indoor show jumper. No, for real. Our hamster agility video went viral, we all know dogs, cats and bunnies can jump, and look! This guy is even doing agility with his ferret.
5) And when all else fails, there’s always the old Nation Media standby.
Stay safe and stay warm, Horse Nation! And go riding.