Relief efforts for Ukrainian horses are still underway. Here are some updates as well as information on how you can help:
View this post on Instagram
This month, through the efforts of the Ukraine Equestrian Federation (UEF) and its Help Ukraine Horses outreach efforts assisting horses and humans displaced by the ongoing attacks by Russia in Ukraine, 375 tons of feed, Haylage and bedding have been received as donations from many different countries. 150 tons have already been distributed to 30 different stables through the UEF network within the Ukraine including the following areas:
Voyazh, Balaton, Salanta, Sosnovy Gai Rodeo, Golden (Tarasivka), Ipodrome, Brovary, Bucha, Zapruddya, Torrance, Zabir’ya, Magnate, Victoria, Kistruga (Rzhishchiv), Dynamo and Konkshni.
When people register their need for help on the Help Ukraine Horses website, this information is used to plan which areas the supply runs go to. That is why it is so important that everyone uses the Help Ukraine Horses website, both to register offers of help and requests for help.
Highlights of the first month of operations:
- 28th of Feb, the UEF Charity Foundation was registered
- 4th of March, supplies and logistic site set up in Poland
- 8th of March first supplies arrived in Poland
- 9th of March bank account opened for donations
- 14th of March second logistics point in Poland for bigger shipments
- 17th of March, supplies distributed in Ukraine
- 19th of March, 18 horses arrived to transit stable in Poland
- 23rd of March, transit stable financed by FEI Solidarity Fund arrived and being set up and PayPal donations open
- 25th of March, more horse arrived to Poland and humanitarian aid (7 lorries) left Lviv to different regions, incl Kyiv, Kharkyv, Dnepr
- 50 horses have moved from war zones to safer zones within Ukraine
- 38 horses have been evacuated to the UEF base outside Ukraine
- 75 000€ has been donated to the Charity Foundation fund so far
View this post on Instagram
The UEF social media has reached over 1 million people so far.
Three types of donations can be made:
- Hay or Haylage packed in bags weighing up to 20kg
- Compound feed for horses in bags weighing up to 20kg;
- Litter (shavings) in bags weighing up to 20kg.
Anyone wishing to make a donation must notify the foundation before the shipment to the logistics platform via the website: https://helpukrainehorses.eu/en/bring-supplies-en/
At the moment there is an urgent need of haylage and beddings for the horses.
Anyone in the European area who can offer help with accommodation and evacuation can fill in the following form: https://helpukrainehorses.eu/en/offer-help-en/
Ukrainian Equestrian Federation Charity Foundation
The Foundation is registered in Belgium and its mission is to support the Ukrainian horse owners, stables, clubs, riding schools, athletes, and professionals. We work together with the Ukraine Equestrian Society, Ukraine Horse Union, the FEI, horse welfare organisations, charities and National Equestrian Federations from many countries.