As a way to raise awareness of World Wish Day, we’ve come up with this list of things equestrians might wish for. But more important is creating hope and bringing strength to children battling critical illnesses. Remember that where there’s a wish, there’s a way.
April 29th is World Wish Day — so here are a few things equestrians might wish for:
1. An indoor arena. Like, a big one. Preferably climate controlled with amazing footing.
2. A Pivo… especially if you don’t have anyone to video you while you ride.
3. Free vet care for life.
4. Better yet, a horse that doesn’t need free vet care for life.
5. Pastures that stay green year round.
6. Horses that are allowed to eat said green pastures.
7. Free high-quality second cut hay for life.
8. Free alfalfa for life (we might even settle for reasonably priced and easily accessibly alfalfa for life).
9. Self-cleaning stalls.
10. A horse that never throws a shoe.
11. Better yet, a horse that is perfectly sound barefoot.
12. A heated wash bay.
13. An equine swimming pool.
14. No flies.
15. No mud.
All joking aside, World Wish Day was established by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a non-profit organization whose purpose it is to help terminally ill children achieve their wishes. They grant wishes for children between the age of two-and-a-half and 17 years old. You can help make a difference in the life of a critically ill child by donating at https://www.worldwish.org/.