Here’s episode three of the #SweatWithSmartPak series, and it’s everyone’s favorite — core and recovery!
Last month SmartPak began a mini-series featuring exercises you can do at home (or at the barn) to improve your strength in and out of the saddle. Each episode focuses on exercises that benefit you as a rider. SmartPakers Caitlin and Tori demonstrate with proper form for each movement (as well as common mistakes to avoid!).
This week’s third and final workout focuses on core strengthening and recovery type moves.
SmartPak’s Core & Recovery Workout
6 min warm up
- 30 sec each exercise/repeat 2x
- Jog in place
- Squat to stand
- Jumping jacks
- Arm circles
- Opposite hand toe touch
- Mountain climbers
- Repeat 2x through (or 3x through if you have the time!)
- Scissor Kicks into Over-unders (4 kicks/4 cross over/under)Head and neck up to intensify
- Toe Taps (right side, left side then crunch up crunch up – 45 sec)Head and neck up to intensify
- Dead bug (opposite hand to opposite leg then switch)
- Side plank hold (30 sec – last 15 sec add hip lifts)
- Heel touches (45 sec)
Some favorite stretches to finish!
- Hip Flexor Stretch
- Quad Stretch
- Standing hamstring stretch
- Piraformus stretch – cross one leg over and twist to opp side
- Lunge Twist
- Walking – 10k steps a day
Like what SmartPakers are wearing? Check out these great options that go from stable to squats.
Go SmartPak and go riding.