As the end of 2020 draws near (FINALLY), SmartPak is here for you. Is getting more fit on your short list of resolutions? Then #SweatWithSmartPak might be exactly what you need.
Last month SmartPak began a mini-series featuring exercises you can do at home (or at the barn) to improve your strength in and out of the saddle. Here is their second quick and easy workout to keep you saddle ready.
This workout is focusing on HIIT (high intensity interval training) and core strengthening moves you can do at home, the barn or anywhere you have space. Here are step-by-step instructions for this workout.
SmartPak’s HIIT & Core Workout
6 min warm up
- 30 sec each exercise/repeat 2x
Jog in place
Squat to stand
Opposite hand toe touch
Repeat each exercise 3x then move to the next (30 on / 30 off = 1 set)
- Alternating Lunges (30 sec each leg)
- To increase intensity: switch jumps
- Plank jack to bear plank
- To increase intensity: add in a hop
- To decrease intensity: step in instead of hop
- Pop Squat (s/A touchdown or you can do both!)
- Jump squats
- Jumping Jack
- High knees
- Speed skaters
- To decrease intensity: wide step instead
- Mountain Climbers side twist
- 5 min cool down
Walk it out and make sure you stretch your legs and upper body
If you like what SmartPakers Caitlin and Tori are wearing for their workout, check out the links at the end of this video to shop right from SmartPak.com!
Go SmartPak and go riding.