Treats that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family? Yes, please!
This recipe is brought to you from SmartPakker Amy Cohan and can also be found on the SmartPak blog.
So this past weekend I had a little extra time on my hands and was feeling festive, so I decided to do some seasonal baking. Like any normal person, I decided I would bake for my most appreciative audience, my four-legged friends.
I looked through the cupboard for some ingredients that would be tasty, and healthy.
I came up with the following ingredients:
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 4 cups Quaker Oats
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- Cinnamon to taste
Plus the following supplies:
- Mixing bowl
- Nonstick pan
- Spatula or big spoon
- Measuring cup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients well in a mixing bowl, and form teaspoon-shaped balls. Place these on a non-stick cooking pan.
- Toss in oven for 20 minutes, and let your kitchen elves lick the bowl clean.
- Remove from oven with an oven mitt, and allow to cool.
- I taste-tested these on my entire family. They got rave reviews from my two dogs:
- And my littlest mustang, Pablo. My bigger mustang mare said, “no thanks,” but she is REALLY picky and won’t eat any treats other than carrots, so I wasn’t expecting much.
- When I said my entire family- that meant my poor unsuspecting husband too. I brought them out to him, and he was so overjoyed his wife (who has trouble locating the proper place settings for take-out dinner) BAKED HIM COOKIES, that he suspected nothing.
However, after taking one bite, the jig was up, and he realized they were not for humans.
Overall, 3 of the 4 intended recipients thought this recipe was a big hit, and it not only was super easy, but also it made my kitchen smell wonderful and festive!
If you give these cookies a try, let us know what your pets (or unsuspecting human counterparts) think!
Go SmartPak and go riding!