The Great Charity Challenge, presented by Fidelity Investments and Equestrian Sport Productions is encouraging you to participate in #GivingTuesdayNow by donating to your favorite charity.
The Great Charity Challenge presented by Fidelity Investments® (GCC) and Equestrian Sport Productions (ESP) invites you to take part in today’s global initiative #GivingTuesdayNow by supporting your favorite local charity. Throughout the last seven days, the GCC and ESP have shared the stories of various Palm Beach County based nonprofit organizations on social media in order to raise awareness and funds for the crucial work each one performs. Organizations were selected based on those included in Palm Beach County’s Emergency Giving Guide and from nominations received throughout the week.
“In this time of unprecedented uncertainty, I’m heartened and inspired by the unity of our community especially at a grass roots level,” comments GCC co-founder, Paige Bellissmo. “I encourage everyone who is able to participate in #GivingTuesdayNow to support local organizations and amplify their impact.”
While many have heard of Giving Tuesday, a global effort to mobilize funding which typically happens the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, a new initiative called #GivingTuesdayNow was announced to take place on May 5, 2020. This movement is “a way to focus the world’s generosity on the often-forgotten organizations working behind the scenes to support those fighting the COVID-19 crisis.” For more details on the movement, click here.
“From food security to ensuring that no child is left behind in their education and much more, charities are the ones stepping up to provide for the well-being of the most vulnerable and the most affected during this crisis,” adds GCC Executive Director, Anne Caroline Valtin. “The reality is that many of them are currently facing an increase in demand for services, while also dealing with significant disruptions in their fundraising efforts. This new initiative is truly an invitation for communities to unite and stand with these local heroes.”
Photo by Wellington Cares.
Learn more about each organization below and please consider donating to help their efforts continue throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Achievement Centers for Children & Families. Achievement Centers is a community based, family focused organization dedicated to providing opportunities where under resourced children may thrive in a positive environment. Our programs support educational growth, skill building and healthy lifestyles which create a positive and lasting impact on a child.
- The Alliance for Eating Disorders. “The Alliance” is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing programs and activities aimed at outreach, education, early intervention, and advocacy for all eating disorders. Founded in October 2000, The Alliance has worked tirelessly to raise awareness; eliminate secrecy and stigma; promote access to care; and support those susceptible to, currently struggling with, and recovered from eating disorders.
- Awesome Greyhound Adoptions. The primary objectives and purpose of Awesome Greyhound Adoption, Inc. is to secure responsible, loving homes for greyhounds that fail to qualify or no longer qualify for the racetrack, or whose origins exclude them from the racing community. It also strives to familiarize the public about greyhounds, stressing their desirability as pets. Awesome Greyhound Adoption, Inc. is a no-kill shelter group run entirely by volunteers.
- Center for Child Counseling. The Center for Child Counseling is building the foundation for playful, healthful, and hopeful living for children and families in Palm Beach County. Our programs focus on preventing and healing the effects that adversity and toxic stress have on developing children.
- Chasen’ Tailz Foundation. Chasen’ Tailz is a tax-exempt nonprofit dedicated to changing the lives of needy children and their families battling life threatening illness’s by providing financial and emotional assistance.
- Education Foundation. The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County is the nexus of Palm Beach County public-school system, the private sector, and the community. The Education Foundation facilitates student achievement by supporting high-quality public education through partnerships, grants, events, and public awareness.
- Equestrian Aid Foundation. The Equestrian Aid Foundation provides emergency, lifesaving financial grants to horsemen and women coping with loss of income due to catastrophic injury or illness. EAF invests in the future of its recipients, giving them the resources to recover and thrive in the face of adversity.
- Families First of PBC. This charity’s mission is to advance the well-being of children and families through high-quality programs in prevention, early intervention, child development, behavioral health, education, and advocacy.
- Feed the Hungry Pantry. This volunteer-run charity gives away donated meat, produce, bread and canned goods for more than 1.1 million nutritious meals a year to our hungry neighbors in Palm Beach County.
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies. Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies is dedicated to improving birth outcomes and promoting healthy families by providing access to care, education and support to those facing the physical, emotional, economic and social challenges of pregnancy and infant care.
- HomeSafe. Since 1979, HomeSafe has been a nationally accredited non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Palm Beach County’s and South Florida’s most vulnerable residents – victims of child abuse and domestic violence. Our mission is to create safer, more productive lives for infants, children, young adults and families.
- Place of Hope. Place of Hope is dedicated to providing stable and loving family environments for children and youth who are hurting and their families. We are committed to meeting desperate needs in our community by sharing God’s love and placing hope in their lives – one child and family at a time.
- Quantum House. Quantum House is a caring and supportive home that lessens the burden for families whose children are receiving treatment in Palm Beach County for a serious medical condition. Quantum House is the only hospital hospitality house serving children and their families between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Florida.
- Urban Youth Impact. Founded in 1997, Urban Youth Impact is the only faith-based organization serving the most at-risk inner-city youth in Palm Beach County, primarily through an award-winning after-school program.
- Wellington Art Society. The mission of the Wellington Art Society is to educate and encourage originality among its members and area youth; and to present art, promote art appreciation and further advancement of all cultural endeavors in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- Wellington Cares. Wellington Cares is a 501(c) (3) community-based, not-for-profit organization committed to coordinating volunteers of all ages to assist, in a time exchange format, in enabling persons over the age of 65 to remain in their home with the support of the Wellington community residents and local organizations.