23 Lines From “The Princess Bride” That Double as Comments From Your Trainer
You’re in the arena you’re feeling pretty good. Then you glance at your trainer and see her face. You can just hear her thinking, “Inconceivable!”
Fans of The Princess Bride are passionate about so many aspects of the movie. We love the scenery, the storyline that doesn’t take itself too seriously and, above all else, the witty dialogue. We find that the genius one-liners brought to life by the all-star cast can fit nearly any situation. This is especially true when it comes to things trainers might say to their students.
So, without further ado, here are 23 lines from The Princess Bride that could double as comments trainers might say to their students:
1. Westley: Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has.
2. Vizzini: Inconceivable!
3. Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
4. Man in Black (Westley): Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
5. Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much.
6. Miracle Max: You got any money?
7. Miracle Max: I’ve seen worse.
8. Grandpa: Yes, you’re very smart. Shut up.
9. Miracle Max: You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
10. Westley: That was an adventure.
11. Fezzik: You’ve been mostly-dead all day.
12. Westley: I’ll explain and I’ll use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand.
13. Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse’s saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning. (Just kidding — most trainers are working their butts off and have to polish their own saddles, but it’s all in good fun.)
14. Vizzini: I’m waiting!
15. Man in Black (Westley — in this case the student): Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Fezzik (trainer): I just want you to feel you’re doing well.
16. Westley: Can you move at all?
17. Inigo Montoya: Offer me money.
18. Inigo Montoya: You know, Fezzik, you finally did something right.
19. Man in Black (Westley): Look, I don’t mean to be rude but this is not as easy as it looks, so I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t distract me.
20. Inigo Montoya: Let me explain… No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
21 .Westley (student): Where am I?
The Albino (trainer): The Pit of Despair!
22. Man in Black (Wesley): Get used to disappointment.
23. Man in Black (Westley): Good. Then pour the wine.
Did we miss any lines from The Princess Bride that could be trainer advice or mutterings? Let us know in the comments section.
Have fun storming the castle… and go riding!
Leave a Comment