SmartPak Monday Morning Feed: Ask the Vet, August Edition
In this month’s episode, SmartPak addresses issues such as what plants are toxic to horses, the different types of colic, riding a horse with arthritis, how to help a horse with sore back muscles, kinesiotaping horses, and so much more.
That’s right. You asked, and SmartPak answered! Dr. Lydia Gray and SmartPaker Dan are back to answer fan-submitted questions. SmartPak offers this resource — and so many others — free on its website so that you can make well-informed decisions about the care and health of your horses.
Questions answered in this episode include:
1. What plants are toxic to horses?
2. How to help a horse with sore back muscles; alternative therapies, stall rest, exercise?
3. My horse has arthritis really bad in the winter but in the summer seems fine. Is it okay for me to ride more?
4. My horse has been diagnosed with pain and arthritis of the SI joints. Starting him on Equioxx. Just curious if taping the joints would actually provide any relief? Does taping work for pain or is it total nonsense?
5. How many types of colic are there?
Have some of your own questions? Ask away using #AsktheVetVideo! If your question gets selected to be in one of our Ask the Vet videos, you win a SmartPak gift card! How awesome is that!?
What did you learn from this video? Let us know in the comments section!
Leave a Comment