Kentucky Performance Products: Keeping Clean in Cold Weather
Do mud and manure stains drive you crazy in the winter when it is too cold to bathe your horse? Try a few of these techniques to “spot” clean your horse:
- Purchase a commercial dry shampoo. Spray on, according to directions, and rub with a clean towel. For the best results, rub against the grain of the hair.
- Apply white vinegar with a clean towel and rub the stain out. This works great on yellow stains in manes and tails!
- Steam clean. Heat up some water and apply a steaming towel to the stain. Rub and re-apply until the stain is gone. For best results, remove as much of the dirt as you can with a good curry first.
Article written by KPP staff.
Copyright (C) 2018 Kentucky Performance Products, LLC. All rights reserved.
About Kentucky Performance Products, LLC:
Need to sustain a healthy hindgut?
Ask your vet about ProbioticWise™.
• Maintains the healthy population of beneficial bacteria throughout the GI tract
• Supports the restoration of normal GI tract function in horses challenged by diarrhea
• Supports complete digestion of starch and sugar in the foregut, lowering the risk of hindgut upset and pH imbalances (acidosis) that can lead to colic and laminitis
• Supports reduced inflammation levels in GI tract tissues
• Supplies nutrients to the gastrointestinal tissues that support the healing of stomach and colonic ulceration
• Supplies polyphenols, nucleotides, and polysterols—antioxidants that contribute to the maintenance of healthy intestinal cell membrane function
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.
Leave a Comment