If you have a chunky horse, this list may ring true…
Some of us may have overindulged on Thanksgiving. Some of our horses may overindulge pretty much every day. Here are 11 signs that Thanksgiving was meant for your horse.
1. He eats like he has two butt holes. (Crass, but descriptive.)
2. When he walks away from you, he gets mistaken for an 11-month pregnant mare. “Is it a filly or a colt?” Neither, it’s a round bale.
3. His eating habits resemble those of the Tasmanian devil from Looney Tunes.
4. He tries to eat things that are not edible and only spits them out after discovering they taste bad.
5. Wood barns and fences are a delicacy.
6. Your vet advises a diet every time they see him.
7. Slow feeders stand no chance against your gelding; he can figure them out faster than Rainman figuring out a Rubik’s cube.
8. He’s not a picky eater and happily will eat anything you give him — even the food the other horses turn their nose up to.
9. Straw bedding tastes to him like potato chips and as you know with chips it’s hard to eat just one.
10. Your horse has sand in his belly and not by accident.
11. He stays fat on air.