A top 10 checklist from Equine Guelph.
Article re-posted with kind permission by Equine Guelph: http://equineguelph.ca/index.php
Fire is an ever-present concern for stable owners. Contact your local fire department to do a walk through of your property and provide recommendations for a pre-plan. A qualified electrician should also evaluate your facility. There are many steps that can be taken to establish good fire prevention practices.
About Equine Guelph: Equine Guelph is the horse owners’ and care givers’ Centre at the University of Guelph in Canada. It is a unique partnership dedicated to the health and well-being of horses, supported and overseen by equine industry groups. Equine Guelph is the epicentre for academia, industry and government – for the good of the equine industry as a whole. For further information, visit www.equineguelph.ca.
About Kentucky Performance Products:
Need to support sound bones?
Ask your vet about BoneWise.
- Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are most at risk for bone loss
- Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals
- Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage
- Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility
- Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.