Kentucky Performance Products: Tips For Feeding Round Bales
Round bales sometimes get a bad rep as a feeding option for horses, but with proper management they can be a great option. Kentucky Performance Products has developed an infographic to illustrate.
There is often a stigma attached to feeding round bales to horses, but managed well they can be a safe and economical option. When baled and stored properly, round bales are no more prone to growing bacteria or mold than square bales. If you decide to feed round bales to your horses, be sure to purchase them from a reputable dealer who has cut and stored the hay properly.
Click here to download a print version of this infographic.
Levels of vitamins and other nutrients in forage decrease significantly during harvesting and storage. Micro-Phase was developed to fill the nutritional gaps created by feeding processed forages.
About Kentucky Performance Products, LLC: Need to sustain a healthy hindgut?
Ask your vet about ProbioticWise™.
- Maintains the healthy population of beneficial bacteria throughout the GI tract
- Supports the restoration of normal GI tract function in horses challenged by diarrhea
- Supports complete digestion of starch and sugar in the foregut, lowering the risk of hindgut upset and pH imbalances (acidosis) that can lead to colic and laminitis
- Supports reduced inflammation levels in GI tract tissues
- Supplies nutrients to the gastrointestinal tissues that support the healing of stomach and colonic ulceration
- Supplies polyphenols, nucleotides, and polysterols—antioxidants that contribute to the maintenance of healthy intestinal cell membrane function
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.
Leave a Comment