Ok, Michael Phelps, we get it. You can put your shirt back on now.
Everyone (well, not EVERYONE, but you know what I mean) is off winning gold medals at the Olympics, and here I am thinking…
1. Michael Phelps just won his 21st gold medal and here I am trying to convince my horse to just walk through a puddle.
2. Those synchronized swimmers work so well in unison, and yet I resemble a sack of potatoes flopping around on my horse’s back while he canters.
3. Kim Rhode can shoot a hole in a needle, and my horse is afraid of gunfire and all loud noises….and plastic bags.
4. All those dressage horses are being all dressage-y and giving to the bit and I’m pretty sure my horse has contracted tetanus … judging from his apparent lockjaw.
5. The pole-vaulters can clear like 20 feet and here my horse is refusing to step over a cavaletti.
6. The marathon runners don’t seem to even break a sweat and my horse is throwing a temper tantrum when I ask him to lunge twice around the round pen.
7. The divers don’t mind jumping off a diving board 50 feet in the air, and my horse has an issue stepping in and out of the trailer.
Horse Nation: keeping it real since 2012. Go Olympics, and go riding!