Who needs a calendar?
The hazy days of summer are upon us, which means more riding time … as well as a whole host of other issues peculiar to our particular lifestyle. How many of these sound familiar?
1. You can identify your favorite brand of fly spray not by the label, but by taste, smell and the way it burns your eyes.
2. Flies swarm your horse’s fresh droppings faster than people rushing through the doors of Wal-mart on Black Friday.
3. Everyone takes up night riding, since it’s too damn hot to ride during the day.
4. You have to answer that question that non-horsey people always ask: So, why do you blindfold your horse?
5. Horse people find out after the fact that their horse doesn’t want to go swimming like they do in the movies.
7. You question the judges’ motives as well as your own when you’re out baking in direct sunlight dressed like you’re ready for the Winter Olympics just to score a blue ribbon.
What would you add to the list? Go riding!