Record-breaking cold temperatures have arrived. Gen Griffin checks off a list of winter barn essentials.
You’ve probably spent a lot of time and effort preparing for the frigid weather, but there are a few things your horse wants to make sure you don’t forget to give him this winter.
10. A heater for your water trough, because no horse wants to drink a slushee in -20 degree weather.
9. A new winter blanket. Really, Mom. I promise not to destroy this one! I promise.
8. The opportunity to make an equine snow angel.
7. A chance to make friends with a snowman
6. Some time off of work. I’m not paying attention to anything you’re trying to teach me today. It’s too cold!
[Lila Gendal/Horse Nation]
5. A nice warm stall.
4. A really cozy set of pajamas.
3. Plenty of nice, soft bedding to snuggle in.
2. New toys to keep me entertained until it warms up outside!
1. Plenty of time together, just you and me.