Unedited and unfiltered — Ask the Vet with SmartPaker Dan and SmartPak staff veterinarian Dr. Lydia Gray hit the road, and filmed the May video in front of a live audience at TNT Equine in Maine!
Welcome to the first-ever SmartPak Ask the Vet LIVE edition! The May video was recorded in front of a live audience at TNT Equine in Maine, with SmartPaker Dan and SmartPak staff veterinarian Dr. Lydia Gray going on the road. There’s still all of the great, in-depth information you’ve come to love about Ask the Vet but with audience interaction!
Questions answered in this episode:
1. What is your most successful hoof supplement?
2. Could you please discuss an appropriate deworming schedule for the first two years of life, including discussion on developing natural resistance to parasites by not administering dewormer prior to a certain age?
3. What is the best way to build a horse up to eating grass in the spring after having hay all winter? Is a half hour at a time each day too much time. What would be the best time increments to increase each day?
4. Are there general guidelines for timeframes for how long it takes to see improvements from supplements?
5. When is sweet itch, sweet itch, and when is it actually neck threadworms?
What was the most interesting thing you learned in this video? Let us know in the comments section!
Have your own horse health questions to submit for next month? Tag your question on social media with #AskTheVetVideo. Bonus: if your question is selected for a future video, you’ll win a SmartPak gift card!