List: Important Anniversaries All Equestrians Should Celebrate
The important milestones include so much more than just “Gotcha Day” for your first horse.
We as a human race love celebrating milestones. And while I’m not going to come right out and say Facebook is responsible, I’m just gonna mention that the little “On This Day” feature makes it easier than ever to figure out what you might have been up to a year or two or eight ago. If you’re the type who likes to document your progress through life, these important equestrian anniversaries need a place on your calendar.
1. Gotcha Day: the day you brought your horse home
2. Dirty Bottoms Day: the anniversary of your first fall
3. Deca-Dirty Bottoms Day: the anniversary of your tenth fall
4. Have Wheels Will Travel Day: the anniversary of when you learned how to drive a truck and trailer
5. Travel Will Wheels Have Day: the anniversary of when you learned how to back up a truck and trailer
6. Anybody Want to Buy a Kidney Day: the anniversary of your first major veterinary bill
7. Where the @#$& Are We Day: the anniversary of the first time you got really, really lost on the trail
8. Why Is The Rum Gone Day: the anniversary of your first truly terrible horse show (we’ve all had at least one)
9. Best Barn Friend Day: the anniversary of the day you met your barn bestie (optional: can be the day you first realized you were both the same brand of crazy)
Go celebrate. Go riding.
Leave a Comment