Corn oil, wolf teeth, cold-weather cool downs and more: SmartPaker Sarah and SmartPak staff veterinarian Dr. Lydia Gray answer questions about these and more topics in this month’s Ask the Vet video!
Nutrition and feeding, dental health, safe riding tips, supplements and colic… this month’s Ask the Vet questions definitely cover some ground, and if you’ve ever wanted to learn more about these subjects from your favorite folks at SmartPak, you won’t want to miss this video! SmartPaker Sarah and SmartPak staff veterinarian and medical director Dr. Lydia Gray tackle fan-submitted questions with both anecdotes and research-based evidence.
Questions answered in this episode:
1. Is corn oil good for horses? I’ve seen people put corn oil in their horses’ feed, what are its benefits?
2. Is removing wolf teeth necessary? When should it be done?
3. What are good ways to cool down a horse in the winter after a hard ride so they don’t colic or get chilly over night?
4. For joint supplements, should you give them starting at a particular age or type/intensity of activity? How do you determine whether or not to give supplements and what type?
5. What is the difference between regular colic and impaction colic? Is one more bad than the other?
Do you have your own horse health question you want to have answered in a video? Instructions for submitting your question are included below — and as a bonus, you’ll get a SmartPak gift card if your question is selected!
Submit your question on this page with the #AsktheVetVideo hashtag.
You can also ask your questions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or on the SmartPak blog where you can read all of Dr. Lydia Gray’s Ask the Vet articles. Don’t forget to use the hashtag!