Dream Job Alert: Budweiser Clydesdales Are Hiring New Handler
If you love the big boys, this is the job for you.
News alert: Anheuser-Busch Inbev posted the job opening we’ve all been waiting for — they’re seeking a new Clydesdale handler for their East Coast hitch. The job is full-time and permanent and was first posted on April 7, 2016 — the 83rd anniversary of the gifting of the original iconic Clydesdale hitch to celebrate the end of Prohibition.
According to the Anheuser-Busch Inbev jobs posting website, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Position is located on the East Coast
- All horse & Dalmatian husbandry related responsibilities.
- Support hitching and showing of Clydesdale 8 horse hitch.
- Including maintenance of harness, wagon, equipment, and other support related items.
- Manage log book, trip reports, and other DOT related items.
- Interact with consumers during work hours communicating Budweiser Clydesdale information and Budweiser quality message.
- Hold class A CDL.
- Days of travel up to 340+
The job qualifications are listed accordingly:
- Daily care and maintenance of Clydesdales, Dalmatians, facilities, and all equipment.
- Ensure every guest, AB employee, and wholesaler receives the best customer experience.
- Market and promote the Budweiser Clydesdales and Budweiser brand to consumer, field sales, and wholesalers.
- Drive tractor trailer and other horse hauling equipment to ensure safe and reliable transportation for Clydesdales.
- Assist with the coordination of specialized animal care; provide urgent care when necessary.
- Abide by all Safety, DOT, and legal requirements.
- Able to travel with hitch across the U.S. as needed.
- Blog about your awesome job for Horse Nation (just kidding … obviously, we added that one ourselves. But seriously, you gotta let us know how that’s going).
Does this sound like the dream job you’ve always wanted? You can apply online or view the full job posting by visiting www.buschjobs.com, clicking “Explore US Opportunites” and then typing keyword “Clydesdales” in the search bar. May the odds be ever in your favor!
Go riding! (And driving!)
Leave a Comment