What are you thankful for, HN?
It’s that time of year when we reflect on the things we are thankful for rather than complaining about the things we don’t have. As equestrians, there is always something just out of our reach: a new horse, a better saddle, a higher paying job to pay for said horse and saddle … but at the end of the day, we are pretty damn lucky to be able to do what we do.
So here’s to being thankful, and here are five more things that equestrians are grateful for this year:
1. The ponies who dumped us time and time again and taught us to always get back on and keep kicking.
2. The saintly lesson horses who took us around our first barrels or over our first jumps.
3. The ever patient instructors who have taken us under their wing and given us the tools we need to succeed.
4. Barn friends. It’s hard to get by without a little help from your friends, and my barn friends have been there for me through thick and thin.
5. An ever growing thirst for knowledge and a passion for the sport of our choice.
Happy Thanksgiving, Horse Nation!