WEG Social Media Corral: Even More Competitive Horse Dancing
But with guest appearances from vaulter Mary McCormick, Team USA Reining, and the sun. We’ll bring you the best of social media daily!
Asked how Charlotte Dujardin motivates herself ‘now that she’s won everything’ she jokes “well, retirement is definitely in mind” #WEG2014 — Clare Balding (@clarebalding) August 29, 2014
Hey, Charlotte, you do you, boo.
Wanted to cry watching @CSJDujardin and Valegro at #WEG2014. Just amazing. #HistoryMade #TeamGB — VANESSA RYLE (@V_Binnie_Ryle) August 29, 2014
85% of Twitter included comments similar to this one. Well done, Charlotte DuJardin and Valegro, for bringing the world to its knees in awe! (The other 15% are getting themselves hyped up for cross-country tomorrow.)
I love this perspective, the team literally with all of their supporters behind them.
#WEG2014 Cross-Country has been brought forward to 10:00am (instead of 10:30am) & there will be 20 food trucks #eventinglive @normandie2014 — Horse Junkies United (@HorseJunkiesUtd) August 29, 2014
Well, the food truck part sounds like good news.
The original caption from German eventing groom Nadja Jansson: “Today I was quite happy with my tail :)” you go girl.
Messages of support are ALL over Facebook–I have to admit that the US eventers probably have the best online cheering squad.
Looking like a WEG advertisement–nice product placement, team Donner.
…what IS that…is that…SUNSHINE! And just in time to hopefully dry out the course for tomorrow’s cross-country!
And just in case anyone forgot about these guys, reining finals take place on Saturday for one last down-and-dirty session to settle individual medals.
But most important, guys, is that USA vaulter and Instagram-extraordinaire Mary McCormick appears to have at last found her people.
Leave a Comment