What’s more romantic than dinner and a movie? An afternoon at the track! Sally Spickard reports that Andi and one lucky suitor will be hitting up Santa Anita for an upcoming date.
I’m a self-admitted addict to pointless reality shows such as The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I was all about the “ees ok” from Juan Pablo, and was thrilled to see that Andi Dorfman would be this round’s pick for The Bachelorette. Word came out today that Andi and a suitor of her choice will be heading out to Santa Anita Park to take in the races on an upcoming date.
Here are a few ways I imagine this date going:
1. Andi will most likely don a cute sundress and a fancy hat — that’s what you do at the races, right?
2. Andi and Bachelor #1 decide to bet on a few of the ponies. Andi comments on horse or jockey silk color, Bachelor #1 picks based on name.
3. Bachelor #1 tries to show off some racing
trivia knowledge by picking up a copy of the Daily Racing Form and rattling off a few stats.
4. One of the two will make mention of the Kentucky Derby.
5. Both parties will immediately be nervous if their picked horse is not in the lead coming into the first turn.
6. Much celebrating, hugging, and perhaps a few smooches will be had if one of the two lovebirds picks a winner.
I’m looking forward to watching the Santa Anita date episode of the show, personally, although I’m thinking of turning it into a drinking game. You know, take a drink every time a horse is picked based on its name, etc. The episode is scheduled to air Monday, May 26, 2014, at 8/7c on ABC. Check your local listings and stay tuned for a full episode recap later on!