Friday Morning Feed from Ovation
Do you know what the difference is between a hunter shadbelly and a dressage shadbelly? Click here to find out!
- Dressage shads have weighted or leather-lined tails so they hang straight; hunter tails are made of fabric that may stream out behind the rider over a fence.
- Dressage shads may be more fitted through the shoulders than hunter shads, which have a little more “give” to allow for release over fences.
- Dressage shads have six gold or silver buttons; hunter shads have six self-colored buttons.
- Dressage shads are traditionally solid black or navy with canary tips; hunter shads are a conservative color but the tips may be a variety of colors that coordinate with the lining of the jacket.
- Dressage shad tails are longer, approximately reaching the back of the rider’s knee; hunter shads are shorter.
Looking for a well-made, affordable dressage shadbelly?
Ovation® Ladies’ Dressage Shadbelly
Woven polyester fabric and machine washable. The Ovation® Ladies Dressage Shadbelly is a beautifully tailored, easy-to-care for woven polyester fabric shadbelly. Lined tails, gold points. Retail price: $299.99
Go Ovation, and Go Riding!
Leave a Comment