Rolex is just a month away! Who will you be rooting for? Jenni Autry posts the final entry roster.
Top: Meghan O’Donoghue and Pirate made their Rolex debut last year. Photo by Jenni Autry.
From Jenni via Eventing Nation:
We might still see a few Rolex entries trickle onto the list, but now that we’ve reached two days after the closing date, the list is holding firm at 81 pairs after the most recent round of updates. New additions to the list include:
- Tim Bourke and Luckaun Quality in their first CCI4* appearance
- Will Coleman and OBOS O’Reilly in what will be the horse’s four-star debut
- Phillip Dutton with Mr. Medicott and Mighty Nice, both past top 10-finishers at this event
- Becky Holder and Can’t Fire Me, who will look to complete on their third attempt
- Everyone’s favorite vet Dr. Kevin Keane with Fernhill Flutter
- Lauren Kieffer and Veronica in the mare’s second Rolex attempt
- West Coast pair Jen McFall and High Times in their Rolex debut
- Kristi Nunnink and 2013 top-10 Rolex finisher R-Star
- Fan favorites Meghan O’Donoghue and her scrappy OTTB Pirate
- Doug Payne and Crown Talisman, who have also applied for a grant to Saumur
- Canadian favorite Jessica Phoenix with Exponential and Pavarotti
- Kim Severson and Fernhill Fearless in the horse’s first four-star
- Jolie Wentworth and international campaigner Goodknight
- Sharon White with comeback king Rafferty’s Rules and Wundermaske
This is certainly shaping up to be an exciting field, not to mention much larger than last year when just 46 pairs presented at the first trot up. While some horses will end up going to Badminton instead and others withdrawing in these final four weeks, it’s still going to be a very strong field.
Keep checking back for the final list of entries at Rolex.