Our sister sister site, Eventing Nation, has a new and improved website. You’ve gotta check it out!Click here to see the new site. Jenni Autry outlined a few of the changes in a post this morning. From Jenni:
Welcome to the new and improved EN! The chinchillas have
slaved away worked tirelessly on this new design for the last year, and we’re super excited to finally roll it out to the masses. It’s been a labor of love — we’ve poured thousands of hours into it, not to mention blood, sweat and beers — and we hope you love the new look as much as we do. We have even more new features we’ll be unveiling in the coming weeks, so expect even more changes. Here’s a look at what’s new right now on EN:
1. A New Look: I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say we all grew to love the
homespun cutting-edge design our fearless leader John pieced together when EN launched back in 2009. But we all agreed it was time for a facelift. We hope you’ll find the new design more aesthetically pleasing and easier to navigate. Our friends at SmartPak spent a lot of time giving us feedback and advice on the new design, and we’re really grateful for their support and partnership over the years.
2. Classic EN: For those of you who still prefer the old EN format — have no fear! You can still click back to the traditional blog format using the Classic EN button in the top menu bar. This format lets you read the full body of posts without clicking a single link — just like the old EN.
3. Mobile Responsive: You all have begged for a mobile-friendly EN for years, and the chinchillas heard your cries. You’ll find it’s now much easier to navigate your way around EN and read posts on your phone and tablet. Gone are the days of trying to read long lines of tiny text on your phone!
4. Official EN Store: We’ve rolled out various EN hats and T-shirts over the years, and they’ve always flown off the shelves so quickly that we’ve never been able to keep them regularly stocked. Now we’ve partnered with Dapplebay Clothing Company to bring you a brand new line of merchandise so you can show your EN pride. And every item will benefit different charities you all vote for every month. We’re proud to announce our first beneficiary is CANTER Mid-Atlantic, who will receive 100 percent of the proceeds (after expenses) from every item you buy in the EN store. Click here to go shopping!
5. Facebook Comments: We’ve also given the commenting system an overhaul by integrating Facebook Comments. This allows you to sync your Facebook profile right to EN, making commenting faster and easier
and eliminating trolling. You’ll also be able to “like” comments, just like you can on Facebook.
6. New Sport Horse Nation: Sport Horse Nation also received a much-needed facelift, and you’ll find it’s now much easier to sort ads by category. There’s also a map interface that allows you to browse ads by geographical location. And you can also register directly in Sport Horse Nation to post classifieds on your own — so much easier!
What do you think of the new EN? Let us know in the new comments below. And keep checking back for even more changes, including the most exciting new feature yet. Hint: If you made a New Year’s Resolution to start a blog about this insane sport we all know and love, wait just a few more days before choosing a platform …
Notice anything on the new EN that doesn’t look quite right? Let the chinchillas know so they can start fixing it right away by posting on our Facebook page or sending an email in ALL CAPS to [email protected]. We’ll be working day and night to make sure the new EN works perfectly for each and every reader!