Not only is jumping fire a fun party trick, it’s a useful skill for any hunter, jumper or eventer looking to increase bravery and improve form. (“That’ll teach ‘em to pick up his knees!”)
Here’s how do it:
1. First, start small.
2. Gradually increase the height of the fence.
3. Build confidence with work in-hand and on the lunge.
4. As you progress to bigger jumps, let your horse take a lead off a more experienced horse.
5. Once you’re comfortable, start adding challenges like standing up while jumping, jumping two horses at once, etc.
See? It’s easy!
Stay tuned for more episodes of “It’s Easy! How to…” coming soon!
Good luck with your fire-jump training, and Go Riding!
- Send an email to wylie, the author of this post at firstname.lastname@example.org