For horse owners, colic surgery falls under the category of “worst nightmares.” Luckily, our friends at SmartPak have introduced a program designed to help you sleep a little sounder at night.
Start your horse on SmartDigest Ultra in SmartPaks and enroll in SmartPak’s free ColiCare program to be eligible for up to $7,500 of colic surgery reimbursement.
Here’s Dr. Lydia Gray telling us about the program:
What is ColiCare? From the SmartPak website
Why you should be concerned about colic
Colic is responsible for more deaths in horses than any other disease. A sudden change in your horse’s lifestyle or diet, such as different hay or grain, increased stall time, adjustment in activity level, or even dehydration can lead to colic. In fact, research has shown that hay changes alone can increase a horse’s risk of colic by 10 times! Luckily studies also suggest there are things you can do to help reduce your horse’s risk.
A healthy digestive system with SmartDigest Ultra, backed by $7500 of colic surgery coverage with ColiCare
SmartDigest® Ultra offers everything your horse needs for a healthy hindgut. This innovative formula contains specialized ingredients backed by clinical research. But you don’t have to take our word for it.
We’re so confident that SmartDigest Ultra will help keep your horse’s digestive system healthy that we’ve backed it with a colic reimbursement program, ColiCare. Horses who receive SmartDigest Ultra in SmartPaks may be eligible for this unique benefit, which provides $7,500 of lifetime* coverage toward colic surgery. With SmartDigest Ultra and ColiCare you can sleep soundly knowing your horse has the best digestive product and the best digestive program in his corner.
ColiCare Program Details
- Must reside in the United States
- Be between the ages of five months (and fully weaned) and twenty-five years of age and may re-enroll each year until 28 years of age.
- Be under the direct care of a licensed veterinarian
- Not had previous colic surgery, experienced colic in the last twelve months or have a history of chronic colic.
- Year-round, daily administration of SmartDigest Ultra maintenance dose (30g) in SmartPaks
- Annual physical exam from your veterinarian
- Annual dental exam from your veterinarian
- Annual vaccinations administered by a veterinarian
- Annual participation in a veterinarian-directed deworming program that includes at least one annual fecal test and two annual deworming administrations
*Horses must be under age 25 at time of enrollment and may continue to be re-enrolled through age 28
Getting your horse started on the ColiCare program sounds like a smart idea to us! Enroll today here.
Go SmartPak, and Go Riding!